Hi people.
I’m here to talk about a
very controversial topic these days in the media, THE BODY.
It’s all over the media; it’s in the tabloids. Different types of
bodies, being thrown around and shamed in all sorts of music and frankly, I’m
really tired of it. Body Shaming is something i cannot stand. I've seen it, Ive dealt with it. People being shamed for both being too thin, or too thick. (yes, both.)
I’d like to give a little of my word on it.
I was trying to gain weight, then lose it, and it went on, because of what people said about me. I used to be in this constant cycle of trying to fit into other
people’s idea of “beauty.” I was in a very bad state, It took me some time to get past this. (It isn’t easy.)
I dealt with a lot of body/health issues
over the past year, and I don't wish that upon anyone.
But,
‘I am a woman with a body. For that, I offer no explanation,
shame, excuse, or apology. In a culture obsessed with it, confidence is
controversial. It is courage. I’m taking
my peace back.’
The moment I let go of people’s opinions on MY body is when I had
come to meet so many new possibilities and moments of happiness, things which I
would never have reached if I continued to hate my body. It takes some time, but it's never too late to start.
Self-hatred should not be a common thing for humanity.
Note: Don't shame thin girls to glorify thick girls. Don't shame thick girls to glorify thin girls.
Note: Don't shame thin girls to glorify thick girls. Don't shame thick girls to glorify thin girls.
Learn to gain self-love,
without shaming others. Self-love is not about loving yourself while
shaming other types of bodies. Don’t body shame others to glorify yourself. This should not be
competition between each other. we're all in this together, people. SELF LOVE is loving YOURSELF, and that’s it.
Self-love is about only you, and nobody else.
We’ve been so brainwashed into thinking that the only form of
attraction & beauty is our body.
YOU ARE YOU, THE THINGS THAT YOU BELIEVE IN. YOU HAVE A MIND, AND YOU ARE A SOUL. YOU ARE MADE UP OF SO MUCH BEAUTY. YOU HAVE A UNIQUE PURPOSE. YOU ARE A MARVELOUS AND COMPLEX HUMAN BEING.
Be proud of yourself, enjoy
your life. There is no shame in adoring who you are.
*Also, for ya’ll jerks and
meanies out there, heres some “new years”
goals you should set for yourself.
1.
do not make jokes about eating disorders.
2.
do not comment on the calorie or whatever content of someone’s
food.
3.
do not joke about someone’s weight
4. do not body shame. don't call thin girls "twigs" or thick girls "pigs"
*your silly little comment can very much offend
someone that’s suffering or trigger a problem, so please, stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment